Sign in to follow this  
Damien BRUNET

"g2d.dll", "g3d.dll" and "terrain.dll" error messages

Hi everyone,When I fly, I often get an error message when the "g2d.dll", the "g3d.dll" or the "terrain.dll" are put into play.I get these messages particularly in the French Alps 15 minutes after the take-off. Sometimes, I even get these messages once the FS2002 has loaded.What do these messages mean ? Please could you help me ?Thank you.;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.stLe "Forum UDB" is French - FS2002 and FS2004 fora- FRP - France Project website forumand exclusive FS2002 files for members ...http://www.forum-udb.fr.st/The registration is FREE ;-)

Guest kurtj

I would strongly suggest to look at what you have downloaded as far as scenery goes. This does sound like a scenery problem to me. Perhaps scenery that isn't installed correctly can cause this, or corrupted scenery files could also cause this. For others to help you, please consider posting your system specs:Windows OSVideocardRamRecent Downloadsetc.

Here is my configuration :AMD ATHLON 1,4 GHzWindows XP Pro512 Mo SDRAM PC133ATI Radeon 9000 128MB AGP + DirectX 9.0MESH files for the whole French territoryQuite all the European sceneries ...;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.stLe "Forum UDB" is French - FS2002 and FS2004 fora- FRP - France Project website forumand exclusive FS2002 files for members ...http://www.forum-udb.fr.st/The registration is FREE ;-)

Guest kurtj

Maybe try to uninstall the mesh files and see if the errors go away if they don't another thing that concerns me, but I can't garentee it is that fs2002 might not support DX9. Going back to DX8 or 8.1 might get rid of the errors. Hope this helps. Also be sure to defrag and scandisk your computer. This also could get rid of the errors.

Guest danowat

Hi,I have had these problems too, they seem to originate from addon scenery files.I sugest you download SCANBGLS from Lee Swordy, it is in the library, this will tell you which, if any BGLs are bad.If the does not cure it, then remove scenery from the area in question one by one untill the problem stops.Dan.

Guest hermes

probably because errors in "altiports des alpes" bgl file ; scanbgl give me that :"Listing from facility BGL file scan.The following facility BGL file(s) were found to have format errors thatcould cause problems for FS2002, these files should be deleted.C:FS2002ScenedbAFDFilessceneryid-altiports.bgl (Add-on file)"I have no problem today with this file but you can contact the authors to inform them ;-)

Hermes,I've got the same error as you, that is to say "alti.bgl".I'll try to remove it and to contact the author.Hope I won't get any error message any longer ...Regards,;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.stLe "Forum UDB" is French - FS2002 and FS2004 fora- FRP - France Project website forumand exclusive FS2002 files for members ...http://www.forum-udb.fr.st/The registration is FREE ;-)