Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Aircraft

Guest sfgiants13

Ok, here's the story. I just learned how to get rid of the default MSFS airlines, and add real-world airlines. One time, it all worked out having all of my new liveries as AI traffic. Then on out, everytime I replace the default textures, the aircraft dissapear. I installed about 5 project AI traffic, and it populated the airports and crowded them to the max. I'm happy with it, but I'd like to see more liveries than just 5. With the default airlines in new textures, combined with Project AI, it would be a great populated airport. So, after all of that, how do you replace the textures of default airline liveries, into real world airline liveries, without having the AI traffic dissapear. I know how to work the aircraft notepad and copy the information, but they still dissapear. Only once have they not! Any help is greatly apprieciated.

I will take a stab at this, I saw your other post as well, not quite sure what you want other than a ton of AI. Well, all the really nice AI pics you see on forums were created by doing it yourself. PAI is great, but doesn't do it all. You will need to get familar with the whole adding AI process, there is a traffictools forum here that can help you with this.Most do not use the AI defaults as their AI, they use the PAI models which you can d/l from the PAI site individually, any aircraft they have, or get the ones from AARDVARK or FSPainter, all great for AI, but YOU WILL HAVE TO INSTALL THEM MANUALLY! If you look in the file library their are a TON of repaints for these aircraft.To have allot of traffic, you will need allot of flightplans, you can get real world ones at any of the sites and these will give you more traffic than FS2002 ATC will be able to handle, literally. With more flightplans and aircraft comes a need for more gates, ala AFCAD.This is what you need. I suggest you do some research, find some old threads that explain this (there is a search option here) and get familar wiith the process, or wait till ultimate traffic comes out and buy your heavy AI, the choice is yours. Hope that helps and clears some things up for ya.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks man. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?