Sign in to follow this  
Guest atkielski

Missing SIDs/STARs for PMDG at some airpots

Guest atkielski

The SIDs and STARs for KPHX and KSFO are all missing in cycle 0908, and they were missing from 0907, too. Some other airports I checked had procedures, so not all airports are affected. I don't know how many other airports are missing SIDs and STARs. What went wrong? The fixes are in the files, so are the approaches, but the SIDs and STARs are empty.

Hi there,The Airac cycles won't have all the procedures for every airport. You can find a lot of them here:http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list.phpAlso, for US airports, look for Dan Downs' files, the best ones IMO. You can find the newest ones in the flightsim site library or older ones in the AVSIM library.

Guest staang

Thanks for reporting this. I just checked my set and there is indeed something wrong. In my case though KPHX has SIDs and STARs. However, KSFO does not so our two different results is really odd. I'll start working on this. Thanks again.RegardsTerry

Guest atkielski

That's weird. I've just checked again to make sure (cycle 0908), looking at the airports I visit most: KLAX - SIDs and STARs missingKLAS - SIDs and STARs OKKSFO - MissingKPHX - OKKSEA - OKKSAN - OKKJFK - PresentI can't see any obvious pattern. I looked at PMDG for each, but the few Level-D procedures I looked at had the same problem (e.g., no procedures for KLAX for either PMDG or Level-D, but procedures present for KLAS for both PMDG and Level-D).As for AIRAC cycles, I get those from Navigraph. I install a Navigraph AIRAC cycle, with procedures, and then I download Terry's procedures and install those, overwriting the Navigraph procedures with the ones Terry has (Navigraph names U.S. procedures in the funny European way, which I can't stand, whereas Terry names them correctly). So if Terry has a procedure for an airport, I use that, otherwise I use the Navigraph procedure set (if available). I don't fly much outside the U.S. so most of the procedures I use are Terry's.

That's weird. I've just checked again to make sure (cycle 0908), looking at the airports I visit most: KLAX - SIDs and STARs missingKLAS - SIDs and STARs OKKSFO - MissingKPHX - OKKSEA - OKKSAN - OKKJFK - PresentI can't see any obvious pattern. I looked at PMDG for each, but the few Level-D procedures I looked at had the same problem (e.g., no procedures for KLAX for either PMDG or Level-D, but procedures present for KLAS for both PMDG and Level-D).As for AIRAC cycles, I get those from Navigraph. I install a Navigraph AIRAC cycle, with procedures, and then I download Terry's procedures and install those, overwriting the Navigraph procedures with the ones Terry has (Navigraph names U.S. procedures in the funny European way, which I can't stand, whereas Terry names them correctly). So if Terry has a procedure for an airport, I use that, otherwise I use the Navigraph procedure set (if available). I don't fly much outside the U.S. so most of the procedures I use are Terry's.
That's fine.Without any disrespect to Terry (whose files are perfect, btw), I just wanted to name an alternative for SID/STAR procedures in my earlier post. :(

Guest Theius

Hi guys... I had this problem last night with KCLT SIDs. I have never had a problem before especially since I fly in and out of there all the time. When I looked for the SIDs and runways on the FMC in the MD-11, they were nowhere to be found. I haven't flown a SID in a while but I did notice on Terry's update 0908 that the runways for KCLT are designated 36C, 36R, 18L, 18C, 23 & 5. FSX doesn't recognize the 'C' runways. 36C & 18C should be 36L & 18R. So out of curiosity I changed the designations in the .txt doc to the 36L & 18R. After that the SIDs and runways appeared in my FMC.Maybe that's the problems with the other airports. Charlotte (KCLT) is working on their new runway and I guess on the plates they decided to go ahead and change the runway name. And I'm just guessing that maybe FSX is confused with the 'new' names. Just a thought.Cory

Guest staang

Hi Cory,When there is a runway number change in the real world it is also changed in my procedures since I provide real world procedures. When this happens the normal error that pops up is that either the airport won't load procedures or you get a runway unknown error. This can be fixed in one of several ways that I've outlined in a paper called "How to fix runway unknown error" that is on my site at http://planepath.com/html/pmdg_utilities.html . This is for the PMDG aircraft only though.BTW I've put the PMDG KSFO airport file up on my site. It includes the SIDs and STARs.RegardsTerry