Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

FX5200

I am considering buying an ASUS 9520 FX5200 Graphics Board, with 128MB RAM.Has anyone experience with this board? Can I expect a "reasonable" result? I will be using it with an Athlon XP2600+, 333MHz FSB, 512MB memory.Thanks in advance for any advise.Regards,;)

Guest oyvindhansen

I do not own that card myself, but from the benchmarks I've seen it performs slightly better than a GF4 MX, and worse than the full GF4 cards. Very low end in other words. On the other hand it is DX9 compatible, but the lack of performance may hinder your enjoyment of DX9 features. So if you're after a good value card you should perhaps go for the GF4 Ti series, they should be cheper now that they are not new anymore.- Oyvind

Thanks for your advise. Besides the low cost, the DX9 compatibility also seems to be an advantage. I have been investigating some still reasonbly priced cards, such as the GeForce 4 Ti 4200, but they only support DX8. With FS2004 coming soon, I am afraid that cards not supporting DX9 will loose some possible advantage.I will continue my survey!Regards,