Sign in to follow this  

Rocket Ship 737

Guest RiddlePilot

Just downloaded the amazing 737-300 and stuck a Steve Drabek Delta OC paint on it and away I went. And I do mean away. Take-off from ATL at max gross weight and a 22K derate with SEL temp at 40*C (DF Panel/FMC), the VSI was pegged at 6k+ FPM and I was still gaining speed until I brought the pitch attitude through 20* nose up. Only then did it maintain a constant speed. At rotation, I barely had time to get the gear stowed before I was running through the ~220 flaps 5 limit.I know FFX is in a time of hardship with their website being shut down, so I ask this question here. Did I miss a fix or an edit to the aircraft.cfg file? I saw on the download page that "You will not need any special files to use with the Dreamfleet panel, thus none are provided."HELP! Its a beauty and I don't want her to be grounded any longer.

Hi Travis,I noticed that too - climbing to 35000ft in five minutes doesn't appear to be a problem for the plane :). Anyway, you can make the engines less powerful by increasing the 'inlet_area' value in the 'turbine engine data' section of the aircraft.cfg. Another thing I noticed is that HDG SEL does not work. You can fix this by copying over the autopilot section from your original Dreamfleet aircraft.cfg.However, if you prefer to use the Dreamfleet airfile, let me know and I can send you an aircraft.cfg for use with the DF FDE.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I took the 737-300 for a quick spin last night before I went to bed and had the same problem. I performed a normal takeoff - rotate to 15-20 degrees nose up until passing 1,500AGL then pitch nose down to about 7-10 degrees to accelerate to 250 knots......problem was as I passed 1,500AGL I was already passing 250 knots!Simple solution - substitute the original air file for the dreamfleet one (which was done by Steve Small IIRC).Just grab your original DF flight model and aircraft.cfg, then replace the following sections of your DF aircraft.cfg with the ones from the FFX aircraft.cfg:i) Contact pointsii) Flaps 1 & 2iii) Lightsiv) Tail hook and folding wingsv) View point..and of course be sure your sim= entry points to the DF air file.This should give you a much improved flight model that will work great with the DF panel.Cheers.