Sign in to follow this  
lotus

save or load flights cause fatal error on fsx

Hi,I hope someone could help me.I reinstalled windows xp pro after a general format of all the two hard disks.I reinstalled fsx with acceleration pack because I had the problem of saving and loading flight plans from the menu.Problem persists again, when I try to save a flight or load a flight, fsx crashes and appears this error messageAppName:Fsx.exe AppVer:10.061637.0 AppStamp: 46fdb14 ModName: d3d9.dll ModVer:5.3.2600.5512MosStamp: 4802bd6f fDebug:0 Offset:000a59c2 could someone help me?????thanks on advance

Guest firehawk44
Hi,I hope someone could help me.I reinstalled windows xp pro after a general format of all the two hard disks.I reinstalled fsx with acceleration pack because I had the problem of saving and loading flight plans from the menu.Problem persists again, when I try to save a flight or load a flight, fsx crashes and appears this error messageAppName:Fsx.exe AppVer:10.061637.0 AppStamp: 46fdb14 ModName: d3d9.dll ModVer:5.3.2600.5512MosStamp: 4802bd6f fDebug:0 Offset:000a59c2 could someone help me?????thanks on advance
Make sure you have the latest updates to Windows XP Pro (min version is SP2 with Acceleration installed). Also, make sure the latest version of DirectX is installed. My version on my Vista 32 OS is 6.0.6002.18005. I believe the last update was in Mar 2009 and it updated all versions of Windows. Sorry I can't help more.Best regards,Jim Young

Make sure you have the latest updates to Windows XP Pro (min version is SP2 with Acceleration installed). Also, make sure the latest version of DirectX is installed. My version on my Vista 32 OS is 6.0.6002.18005. I believe the last update was in Mar 2009 and it updated all versions of Windows. Sorry I can't help more.Best regards,Jim Young
Thank you Jim for reply,I installedthe last versionof directx but problem persists again..............

Thank you Jim for reply,I installedthe last versionof directx but problem persists again..............
Hi,is it possible that nobody had this problem?????I really do not know what I can do because I reinstalled and formatted all the system, I reinstalled fsx and problem persists.I can load or save a flight from the initial screen of fsx but I cannot load or save a flight from menu of flight screen, again fsx tell me when I lanch it that it do not recognize the save flight and it will start with standard situation........grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....bye

Hi,is it possible that nobody had this problem?????I really do not know what I can do because I reinstalled and formatted all the system, I reinstalled fsx and problem persists.I can load or save a flight from the initial screen of fsx but I cannot load or save a flight from menu of flight screen, again fsx tell me when I lanch it that it do not recognize the save flight and it will start with standard situation........grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....bye
Hi,I found that this problem occours when I use full screen mode on fsx, if I use windowed mode all works fine, I can load or save a flight from the menu, what does it means???I do not understand how can I solve the problem.....

Guest firehawk44
Hi,I found that this problem occours when I use full screen mode on fsx, if I use windowed mode all works fine, I can load or save a flight from the menu, what does it means???I do not understand how can I solve the problem.....
It really sounds like a video card driver problem. I remember several years ago loading FSX and, when I opened the menu in full screen mode, it would crash. Just touching a menu item would cause the crash. I completely uninstalled the video card drivers and reinstalled them. The problem went away. Also, did you check out the CTD Forum here on AVSIM? A search of that forum might find an answer using maybe "d3d9.dll" or "menu" or "windowed" as a key word. I have heard of a lot of people getting crashes after opening the menu but all have been some time ago.Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44

FWIW, I just started FSX with the default flight (landing in Friday's Harbor). After landing I went to the Menu and clicked on Flights>Load... and loaded a flight situation (have no saved flights). Worked perfectly!Best regards,Jim