Sign in to follow this  
Guest teetee

OH NO!

Guest teetee

tried to "fly this AM. got "unable to load 3rd party software.... traffic.dll... click OK then to desktop. flew yesterday fine and for months. i've got a number of "traffic.dll"'s in various locations. searched Ms no joy.other than using ACloader to cfg a/c with passenger load [as many times in past] nothing has changed. this setup has been running for many moons. tt

Guest teetee

FIXED!! seeing other suggestions; found that the traffic.dll in modules was in lower case and in cd-rom had caps; renamed the one in modules to ..OLD and extracted from disc to modules. it works. strange huh? tt

Wierd, I had the exact same problem a couple months ago. It had me quite baffled, I even blamed my brother for possible screwing up my FS files :-lol. Anyways, I found out that renaming my traffic.dll to traffica.dll did the trick. To this day I still don't know why I had to do this.-Derek

LOL, there is a good chance that what the traffic.dll controls is not being controlled any longer since it isn't there! LOLCurious, why would you rename the traffic.dll??Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest teetee

thats just it! i found that it had been changed to lower case, so i renamed it ".OLD" and extracted the original [upper case] from cd-rom. have no idea how it got changed in the first place. tt

Sorry, my previous post was a little unclear. I didn't rename the traffic.dll before the problem occured, I renamed it after the sim gave me the error. I found out that adding an 'a' to the end of the name made the sim stop giving the error. Before I thought of doing this I did try to copy a "working" traffic.dll from my other computer, but it didn't help. Never thought about copying from the CD though :(.In any case, renaming the traffic.dll actually doesn't affect my in-game traffic functions in any way, so I'll just leave it alone :).-Derek

Guest teetee

simmin' and troubleshootin' 'puters...oh what fun we have...tt