Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

Edit Voice Pack

Guest sfgiants13

I'm new to edit voice pack. I just downloaded about 200 new callsigns. One of them included Southwest Airlines. So, when I downloaded Southwest, and tried it in the game, it still just says 991 instead of Southwest 991. I imported it in Edit Voice Pack, and saved it. But, it still doesn't work.

Guest dogknot

Hi SF,1. Check in your airlines.cfg located in your FS2002 aircraft folder to make sure SOUTHWEST was actually imported. C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraft2. Add SOUTHWEST to your aircrafts folder in the aircraft.cfg ;Be sure to have a flight number or ATC won't use the airline callsign.atc_airline=SOUTHWESTatc_flight_number=991 //or any flight number you want Hope this helps you out. :-wave

Guest lmoelleb

EditVoicepack already comes with Southwest, and have an update functionality build in, so there is no need to import the package with extra callsigns.I recommend deleting your current EditVoicepack directory, unzip the package again and follow the quickstart section in the readme file to the letter.In case you have an old version, get 2.2 from http://bevelstone.xs4all.nl/FlightSimulator/EditVoicepack first./Lars

Guest sfgiants13

Ok, I'll see how it goes.

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks guys. I already got it working. But, what if I want to import a callsign, that's not built in, like say US Airways Shuttle?

Guest dogknot

If someone else hasn't already done the work creating a .vcpmod file (check the different sims libraries/downloads) for an airline you are interested in, then you can create any sounds you like. It is detailed in the read-me of EditVoicePack. Basically, EditVoicePack has access to all the audible files in FS2002. You can take segments of any of those files and join them together, forming the words you want for a new voice file. Then you make sure all the FS2K2 voices speak the new file clearly, editing as you go (if necessary) and then save per the instructions. Once you've done a couple it is pretty easy.

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks for posting guys. If I have problems, I'll post again.

remember before you do the update, to make sure you have all the right check boxes marked, or you might not really be updating your voicepack. I find it easy to accidently uncheck a callsign by mistake. I also export my homemade edits, just to be safe.scott s..

Guest sfgiants13

I'm having problems creating my own voicepack. I put it in the phrase box, but it never says anything. I know I'm probobly doing something wrong, so could one of you guys clear it up for me?

Guest sfgiants13

I just learned how to add names manually. I never knew that you had to get the words from the phrase filter. Now, it works like a charm. Thanks to all that helped.

Guest sfgiants13

Ok, I encountered a problem. What if you want to add something like Express for United Express, or Jazz for Air Canada Jazz? How can I add those if their not in the phrase box?

Guest sfgiants13

Never mind, I got that to work too. I've made some airlines like United Express, and some others. If you know how to play with it, you could really make ATC more realisitic.

Guest lmoelleb

You have to be very carefull selecting callsigns. United Airlines Express does NOT use "United Express" as the callsign. They use the callsign of the airline operating the flights. For example United Express operated by Atlantic Coast Airlines would use the callsign "BLUE RIDGE" - a callsign already in EditVoicepack.It can be a bit of a hunt to fund the correct callsign, but you can be pretty sure that callsings of airlines as well known as United Express are already included in either FS2002 or EditVoicepack./Lars

Guest sfgiants13

Ok. Thanks for the FYI.

>My rule of thumb for flight->Try not to crash 8 times out of 10I see your dangerous "rule of thumb". With that rule you should never fly!!!!That means crashing once in five times in flight is ok by you!!!!!!!If a pilot has a chance of crashing one in five then he should fly only once in 10 years and so before he reaches the fifth he would have gracefully retired, and the unsuspecting passengers are safe! The rule should be "never crash any time". Crashing once in five your are dead before long! You really should be sacked whether it is for real or virtual flights.Shri.