Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Predicting future performance by present performance?

Guest AAF

I just wondered if the performance I get in 2002 will be at all indicative of the performance I get in 2004. I get an avg. of about 40 fps with all sliders up (AA off) right now, so can I tell what I'll get for fs2004?

Guest DNelson

I'm certainly not going to make any prediction, based on past experience. FS2000 was FAR worse on my machine than FS98 was. While I had FS2000 I built myself a new, state-of-the-are machine, and FS2000 was still very choppy. Then, when it was released, FS2002 ran faster on the same machine than 2-year-old FS2000 did. That's not typical, but it happened.Dan

I had the same experience Dan going from '2000 to '2002. Also, I was careful not to max the sliders on '2002's new features, like AI and Autogen, until I had a good basis for comparing 2000 & 2002 with the same set of features. -John

Guest AAF

Good points guys. Thanks.

Hey Joe, hard to say, but from what I have read and seen it is a bit of a performance boost, but not a huge one. Is your performance now based on default aircraft and scenery??? I know the new weather and clouds are an issue, but Bear posted that he had no hit on frames with the new clouds in the beta he is using, that is great news. With all the extra features and eye candy it will take away from some performance, but there are those that fly with some sliders turned down a bit :-roll We can only hope that there will be a big performance boost in the final so we can all add the 3rd party add ons and crank the sliders all the way up and enjoy!Regards, MichaelPS, How's the heli coming? Any new shots?http://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW