Sign in to follow this  
golfbravo

Aircraft initialization failure??? help please!

I recently downloaded two liveries for the FFX 737-300. The first one was Ben Hewitt's Southwest (Canyon) livery, and the second was Danny's Frontier paint. The problem is that every time I try to load either aircraft, i get an "aircraft initialization failure", and the plane never loads. I'm finding this very frustrating, as I followed the instructions exactly, re-installed the textures and editted the .cfg file accordingly, and got the same results. Strangely enough, this doesn't happen with any of the other repaints. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Or is this happening to anyone else? Thanks for reading.George

Guest BobL

GeorgeWithout fail, every time I have gotten an aircraft initiation failure error, it was the fault of a missing (or unfound) airfile. Don't mean to insult intelligence but the air file is the one named *.air in your aircraft folder along with the aircraft.cfg.First, make sure there is an airfile. A missing airfile is usually the culprit. If the airfile is present, check your aircraft.cfg for two things. First make sure that the first entry is prefaced with (fltsim.0). Too many times that line gets deleted during copy/paste. And replace the parenthesis with left and right brackets. The forum engine won't permit the bracket character.Immediately below fltsim.0 should be two lines:Title=xxxx Sim=airfileThe title (xxxx) can be anything you want but not too long and make sure it doesn't duplicate the name of another aircraft. And as practical note, I don't use spaces. I've seen names that had spaces but I always use an underscore in place of the space character.The sim statement needs to be the airfile name, exactly, and without the extension. So, if the airfile is whatsupdoc.air, the sim name is:Sim=whatsupdoc

Bob, thank you so much! Your info prompted me to check the .cfg file one more time (and really scrutinize every detail) and I found that the included files for the downloads used the Boeing737-400 airfile instead of that of the -300. As my -300 doesn't have the -400's airfile (naturally) the planes didn't show up. I have made the correction and will give it a whirl. Thanks again!George