Sign in to follow this  

Scenery cfg. error Area 121

While loading FS2002 I've been getting a error message mentioning Scenery cfg. error Area 121. The last thing I did before this error occured was turn off Use DDC Information in my display properties of my ATI 9800 video card and change the DirectX Override Refresh Rate to 85Hz. This error occured before and reinstalling FS2002 got rid of it but now the error came back and I don't want to reinstall FS2002 as I reinstalled it a few days ago. I didn't add or remove any scenery so why does it mention scenery in the message. This has happened before when I had my Ti4600 installed and now I'm using an ATI 9800 Pro.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

By default, area 121 should be 'Propeller Objects'. The folder is found here: FS2002scenedbprops. It should contain a scenery and a texture folder. The texture folder contains 13 bitmaps, and the scenery folder contains a file called 'scenery_fs_props.bgl'. Check, if all those are there, and if your 'scenery.cfg' in the main FS2002 folder contains the following entry:[Area.121]Title=Propeller ObjectsLocal=scenedbpropsRemote=Layer=121Active=TRUERequired=FALSEIf that's all there, try deleting the file 'scenery.dat in the scenedb/props folder (FS will build a new one), and if this doesn't help, try deleting 'INDEX_FILE' (in your main FS folder, with no extension, should be around 3-5MB). This file will also be generated by FS on startup. However, do NOT delete your scenery.cfg - FS won't rebuild that one.Cheers,Gosta.

If it were scenery Area 51 then you could blame it on aliens :-abduct