Sign in to follow this  

I

Ok guys, I need some help here pls...Yesterday I buyed a Dell PC Desktop with this specification, and I would like to know if my FS2004 (July) will run smoothly...thanks in advance...Dell Dimension 4600Pentium 4 2.26Ghz with a bus system of 533Mhz512MB SDRAM DDR double channel 333Mhz30GB HD 7200RPM ULTRA17" Dell Monitor64MB GeForce4 MX 420 w/tv out48X CD-ROMCD-RW/DVD48XSoundBlaster Live 5.1Harmon Kardon HK-206 Speakers10/100 Intel Integrated CardWindows XP Professional Edition3.5IN, 1.44MBQuietKey KeyboardOptic Logitech MiceCH Virtual Pilot ProLabtec Headphones

Congrats on the new PC! The main thing I see is the Vid card, never go with an "MX" card, they are worthless and this will be your bottleneck on this system. Ifg it's not to late, go with the Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, will cost a bit more, but great card.I'd upgrade the monitor size as well! ;-) Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

>Congrats on the new PC!> The main thing I see is the Vid card, never go with an "MX">card, they are worthless and this will be your bottleneck on>this system. Ifg it's not to late, go with the Radeon 9800 Pro>128mb, will cost a bit more, but great card.>>I'd upgrade the monitor size as well! ;-)> >Regards, Michael>>http://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg>>CalVirAir International VA>www.calvirair.com>Cougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation>www.cgrmtnhelos.comHey Michael, thanks for the info, but sorry for my stupidity, but I didn

Guest ha5mvo

vidcard = Video card (that GForce thing from Nvidia in your case).cheers//Mike

>vidcard = Video card (that GForce thing from Nvidia in your>case).>cheers>>//MikeI know mike what Vodcard means, why i do not know is what he tried to said to me about my vidcard :D

Guest RiddlePilot

It is not very good. It doesn't work well with Flight Simulator. Purchase an ATI Radeon 9800 if you can afford it (pay for it).

Guest seev_39

Hi There,Congratulations for your new PC.Go ask your dealer if he can change the Video Card to a better one, minimum "GeForce Ti 4200 - 64 MB, or 128 MB". From my experience that will be enough with your other components.Also, I am not sure you can get a Radeon in your country.Good luckSeev

>It is not very good. It doesn't work well with Flight>Simulator. Purchase an ATI Radeon 9800 if you can afford it>(pay for it).Actually I can