Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rhodges

Toolbar Problems for FSX.

Recently upgraded to a new i7-975 Windows XP Pro 64 bit system.I use Microsoft Office97, and with the provisions of that program in the past have created unique toolbars for FS9 and FSX in the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.I have created a toolbar for FS9 with no problem and included the execution files I so far desired for that program (FS9.exe, CHCtMgr.exe, CMFS.exe, fsMeteo.exe, AirEd.exe, AISmooth.exe, PF_Emulator.exe, PF-2000.exe, gc2.exe, and WideClient.exe) Everything works fine.I then created a toolbar for FSX and it showed up as it should as one of the toolbar options (along with my office, and FS9 toolbar options)With the FSX toolbar selected, I then select "customize>Buttons", browsed to my desired execution file, and selected it exactly as I have always done for this procedure (which always worked). Everything went normally, but no selected execution file ever shows up in my FSX toolbar. It remains empty and blank.I then selected "customize>toolbar" and removed the FSX toolbar.I then again selected "customize>toolbar" and tried to recreate a new FSX toolbar. I get the following window:"Cannot create a new, blank toolbar called "FSX" because you previously deleted a toolbar with the same name. Do you want to add the toolbar you previously deleted instead?". I selected "yes".The same thing happened. I still couldn't add any execution files for that toolbar. No error messages or anything, they just don't show up after being selected.Repeated the same scenario again, removing the toolbar and then selecting to add the "previously deleted" option. Now when I click yes to adding the toolbar back in, I get the following message:"The name "FSX" is reserved. Enter a different name."I realize I can do just that, but I don't want the same thing to happen and have a whole bunch of ghost toolbars that don't work.Anyone know how to remove the "reserved" name and start over with a clean slate in this scenario and/or what the problem is with execution files not showing up when selected for the toolbar?Thanks:RTH

Well, I didn't find a solution exactly, but did find an alternate method of getting what I wanted.I activated the "accessories" toolbar which was one of the existing default toolbars which I never used.Much to my surprise, office allowed me to rename it to "FSX".Under "Buttons" I added the execution files I wanted.Unchecked all of the existing buttons for execution files which did not apply.Probably not politically correct, but it works for me.Happy flying:RTH