Sign in to follow this  
vector

WebInBlue's ultralight review

I don't think Robert Jubb's review of the WebInBlue Sportster ultralight does true justice to this lovely little aircraft. I have more than 100 flight sim hours in it now and can say that it's not just a blast to fly. Ultralights require different skills in order to master them and they present a completely different approach to flying. The authors have modelled the characteristics of a very low powered flying machine extremely wellRobert says that the Sportster doesn't come with a load editing tool but why would one be needed anyway for an aircraft designed for only one person and no baggage compartment?The instruments aren't state of the art design, I agree, but show me an ultralight which does have them.20 euros does seem a lot to pay but price has, inter alia, something to do with the effort put into the product and the size of the interested market. For those of us who enjoy ultralight flying it may not be that high a price.Is this really "One to pass over", Robert? Surely not? Just because it isn't full of bells and whistles and you can't throw it around at 500 kts or program an MCP doesn't mean that WebInBlue's efforts should be ignored. IMO it's the best ultralight available, freeware or payware, and I've tried most of them - just IMO, as I said ;-)For the best experience load up the Sportster and VFR's photographic scenery of the UK and do some real map reading and VFR flying. That'll sort out the sheep from the goats - or should I say the ultras from the heavies :-lolDavid

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!