Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lvedin

FMC illumination issue

Guest lvedin

I have a small issue with my PMDG 747 for FS9 under XP. In almost all other aspect im very satisfied with PMDG 747, 95% of my flights is PMDG 747.I can not at all read the FMC in some dawn or dusk. My screen is very light, however i only see some perceive of letters. I use VC and try different cockpit lights on/off, i zoom close to FMC, manual increase the FMC illumination to max, i even tried to move position in cockpit, but nothing help to read the FMC in VC.My only solution is ( during a VATSIM flight ) to change time of day in FS, to not be the real time of flight.I do understand this weak light is due to realism of sun-light, in real life there is difficult to read out everything easy. However in FS i can not effect the readable of FMC in any way, it stay unreadable. I just want to ask is this a common issue, is there any trick to increase illumination, work around, i dont mind if the FMC is high-light all the time of day ?

I can not at all read the FMC in some dawn or dusk. My screen is very light, however i only see some perceive of letters. I use VC and try different cockpit lights on/off, i zoom close to FMC, manual increase the FMC illumination to max, i even tried to move position in cockpit, but nothing help to read the FMC in VC.
This is why we included a dome light. Try turning it on and see if it helps.