Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Omega Drivers - Question about file extraction routine

Hi,In common with many others I first posted the following in the Hardware forum earlier today and am disappointed not to have received a response. I know, I know, I'm being a tad impatient, but then how many of you would wait around when you are eager to see that wonderful Radeon do her stuff ;)"I'm in the process of upgrading my card from a GF Ti4400 to a Radeon 9800 Pro. Can't wait!!I've downloaded the latest Omega driver set and during the extraction I am asked for 'Disk #2' and am only able to abort the installation at this point.I appear to have a number of files extracted despite this and the size of the 'Radeon Omega Drivers v2.4.43' folder on disk after the above extraction before the request for 'Disk #2' appears is 15.8MB and it contains 147 files.Am I missing anything? The size of the downloaded executable archive is 10,541KB. Should I ignore the request for 'Disk #2'?I'm a little reluctant to proceed with the card swap and driver installation until this is clarified.(Windows XP Home)"The reality, of course, is that many more visit this forum regularly, even routinely on a daily basis, so any question relating to hardware is far more likely to be seen and responded to here.Thanks,Mike :-wave

Guest Ali

Hi Michael, sorry I cannot help you.Only good thing I can say is you aren't the only one. Many months ago I tried installing them and was prompted for a disk 2, after many hours of tweaking and pondering I couldn't install them and gave up.So if someone could reply and help me too, it would be much appreciated.Cheers.Alex.

Guest lwhelan

Mike,If you go back to the Omega site, on the Nvidia page, you will find this message:"IMPORTANT: It is recommended that you use a download manager to get the drivers since there have been reports of broken downloads. If you download the file and it asks for Disk#2, then your download is corrupted, you'll have to re-download. Make sure the file you downloaded is the exact same size as I specified below. Any download manager should work, I recommend GetRight."http://www.omegacorner.com/Laurie WhelanBrisbane, Australiahttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest PhilC

Just to let you know, I had this happen with the download for the latest ATI XP drivers. When I checked the downloaded file size was smaller than what was posted. I downloaded the file again and everything worked fine. What was really strange was that the 'corrupt' file extracted OK. Usually the extraction process will just crap out with a incomplete download.

You were quite correct. The file downloaded must have been corrupted. I tried again by downloading the file from www.driverheaven.net/downloads using DAP and no problems this time. Extraction and installation proceeds without a hitch.However, it seems my problems are not yet over - see post entitled "Driving me nuts!"Thanks for your help and prompt responses.Mike