Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

ULTIMATE TRAFFIC

I know this message should be in the UT forum ,i changed server and now are having problems getting a new password sent to me.So here is my question,why is it that the aircraft identity on the status board is different to the red lettered identity you see above the aircraft in the air.It makes it very hard to identify the two.Ultimate traffic is a great program ,but the status board is useless the way it is .EXAMPLEDEPARTURE BOARD -DL6169PALMSPOTTER-DL6169AIRCRAFT FLYING N836DLI am thinking my install might be wrong,has anyone else got the same problem ?Or an answer to it.Thanks for any forthcoming repliesDon:-hmmm

It's because of the way the syntax for the traffic.bgl works and is compiled:Look at this: (thanks www.jetdoc.com for this example flightplan!)BASE - AC#37,N519JB,50%,24Hr,IFR,Leg 1 - 12:19:52,17:46:07,310,F,0093,KSAN,Leg 2 - 19:49:52,01:16:07,330,F,0096,KJFKThe AI flightplans are set up by legs, there is only one place to enter an identifer for the aircraft, and that is at the top, BEFORE the actual legs themselves. So, that means that whatever gets entered there has to be static and not change between legs. This rules out a flight number obviously, which can change many times throughout the course of a day even though it's the same physical aircraft flying the flights. I have no idea why Microsoft programmed it this way and I wish they had given us an identifier for each leg. Flight1's solution was to give us a choice of either the tail number of the aircraft or an airline/type identifier like "DAL 752", which designates the aircraft as a Delta 757-200 in this case. I use the airline/type option personally because at least that way I know at a distance what kind of aircraft it is and who is operating it.Hope that explains it!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com