Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Problem with airport traffic

I have noticed lately that when I try to leave various airports with heavy traffic, the traffic ahead of me just sits there. There are no planes coming toward the runway or are on the runway. However, the several aircraft ahead of me don't seem to want to move. If I wait long enough, some of the airplanes in front of me will disappear and then I am able to move forward a notch or two. Then a few will take off like normal and then there will be a long wait again until a plane or two disappears at which point I can take off. I am talking 45 minutes to an hour. Luckly, I stay quite busy at work, so I can walk away for a few minutes knowing that I will be about where I was before leaving.Any ideas or suggestionsRobb

One way to move the AI traffic is to bump up the time acceleration up to 8x then back down to normal. Anything above 4x will make your AI traffic disappear (then come back, but you will be 1st in line :) )Long term, you may want to look at getting a new afcad file for that airport. Some will open up multiple runways and fix that problem a bit.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Do you think I need to do a fresh install to get rid of the problem? Is anyone else having this problem?Thanks,Robb

I have had the AI waiting for slow GA planes to land, but never for that long. I always switch between the tower and ground atc to see what is going on. Is this happening at a particular airport or everywhere? If it is at only one airport, try a different afcad file. Also, try lowering your traffic percentage. I only use about 60-70%. I find that high percentages cause too many problems. Once the traffic starts to get stacked up, the ATC has major problems.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I have noticed this at both ATL and ORD. I use 100 percent traffic. What is an afcad file? And, how would I go about using a different one?Thanks,Robb

Guest Captain Barfbag

The TTOOLS forum deals with AFCAD issues. If you do a search over there you'll find a number of old threads on aircraft hanging around. The typical fix is to open up the airport with AFCAD (a freeware program available at AVSIM) and add a blue "node" just before the red "node" next to the runway, on the airport side, not the runway side. This alters the traffic flow so the AI aircraft recognize the red node (the "hold-short" point) and stay in the game.This problem is common, by the way. It happens at lots of airports, many of them the default ones from Microsoft.