Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Attn: Trevor Slack, Nick Wu

Hi there, I was just wondering, could you give us some ideas when the A319 will be released ? I remember on the PA forum the release date was for X-mas 2002.... has PA closed up or are they still "alive" ?Thanks :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,this is what Trevor Slack posted a few weeks ago in the CSI forum(Sorry, couldn't get the link to work...):"Hello there, I guess I have some clearing up to do and I appologise in advanced to CSI for using their forum space.Project Airbus is still alive- just everything is pretty much on hold.There was some slight confusion with the recent Apollo Software payware release, where we thought they had included our A320 V1 without permission, but it turns out that we had authorised someone else, but was not under the name of Apollo Software- which made things hihgly confusing for us. Our intention was good, to promote freeware with their product, instead, they have used it as an intergral part of their product, which I didn't see coming.So in the end we have all decided to take some time out for the time being. Progress on the Virtual cockpit continues for the A32X family. A new external model is planned for the A320 family, where we can take advantage of new things which we had failed to discover on our initial project- a result in a more thorough and frame rate friendly model will come as a result.We plan to deliver for FS2004, and not FS2002 from now. A new website and forum are planned along with restructuring of the group and working methods along with communication within the group, which will ultimatley make us more efficient and organised for the future.I'd like to point out that all the Project Airbus members are still personal friends and the disbute was purely on the issue and not the friendships. Stay tuned for the future, the CSI A319 looks like a very promising aircraft for FS2002.Trevor SlackDirectorProject Airbuswww.avsim.com/projectairbus"Hope that clears it up,Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg