Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

beaver 2 panel

Joe Watson did a panel (beaver 2) for Fred Banting's Beavers. It has an HSI that can be used on the ILS. I have been using it for some time now. The ADF gauge in the upper left corner has been basically useless to me since there is no ADF radio in the panel to tune the frequency. Since I never saw it work (the needle)I had assumed it (ADF gauge) was disabled. When I used Steven Grant's Beaver (equiped w/ Watson's panel)in Sitka, the ADF worked because the NDB was on 414.To me that means the ADF is working on 414. How can I change Frequencies to a specific frequency without an ADF radio in the panel? Am I missing something here??I tried to email Joe Watson at the address in the readme for the panel but the email got bounced back. There seems to be room in the panel for an ADF. Can I put one in somehow from Fred's original panel?? Thanks

Guest bones

COM and NAV activation is through a section in the aircraft.cfg file and it sounds as if this is active for the Beaver if all your boxes work. The actual dial is created in the panel.cfg file and it isn't too hard to add it if you wish.There are other ways of getting COM/NAV frequencies to work when the option has been left out of the panel. You can use FSNav to drag the NDB into the ADF box - this resets the frequency to the chosen navaid. GoFlight unit can also bypass the problem but that's rather an expensive work around (on the other hand they are excellent units).There are quite a few non radio/navaid aircraft designs around in which the designer has just left the visual element out but the systems remain functional. In one pre WW1 design (I won't mention which!) you get marker sounds as you fly near major airports.. :)boneshttp://fsaviation.net

I could use the 2D panel w/ VOR, ILS, and ADF that Steven Grant included with his plane.I prefer the looks of Fred Banting's 2D cockpit interior (side views, rear views etc) and panel, that's why I mixed and matched. Steven Grant didn't include those 2D cockpit interior views in his new Beavers, only a panel. I wish that Joe Watson could have fit in the face for the ADF radio in updating Banting's panel because there is room for it, the dial is already there and working.I looked in the aircraft cfg and didn't see anykind of reference to COM or NAV. Is FSNav part of FS2K2 or a utility?