Sign in to follow this  
christiaan

Memory card different numbers specs

Memory cardI am going to get my new PC after Window7 comes out, I see these different numbers in various memory cards.What do these numbers mean and what is the difference these make in FSX.7-7-7-208-8-8-249-9-9-24What do I have to take in to account with the memory card when I get my PC custom built for me.Not being an expert in computer technology I want to avoid altering my default set-up.Christiaan

These are specs, from 2 shops, I posted back in May, when I buy there may be one or two minor alterationsAlso thinking of getting the new Intel with turbo burst ( I5,I7 860,880 with turbo burst) so that I think that I do not need to OC.From the first shop I haveIntel Core i7-920 4x2.66GHz 8mMotherboard MSI X58 Pro DDR3-1333 PCI-E ATXInternal memory 6 GB A-Data DDR3 Triple channel (3x2GB),HD x 2 x 750 GB Samsung SATAII 32MB 7200rpmVideocardPalit Ge-Force GTX 275 DDR3 PI-3From the second shop I can getIntel quad Core i7-920 4x2.66GHz 8mCorsair ATX,750W,24P 12CMFAN,V2.91Intel Quad Core 17 920 s1366,2.66GHz,1333MHz,8MB,BOXASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME,s1366 17,A TX,X58, DDR3,3xPCle, 1394Corsair 6144MB XMS3-1333,DDR3 1333MHz,Lat 9-9-9 24,DHX,i7Western Digital 2 x HD lTB, Caviar or GreenPower SATAII,7200rpm,32MBPoint of View GeForce ENGTX275,896M GDDR3,2xDVI-I,HDMI,PCIe

Normally it's better to compile and build your own pc. But I think you don't have the knowledge to do that so maybe any of your friends can do it?- The Intel Core i7 870 is really fast, only the Intel Core i7 965 and 975 are better procs atm. And then you can still overclock it! - The GTX275 is a good gfx card for FSX - For memory try and get DDR3 1800 mhz with the lowest timings you can find (CL7 or so)- For the motherboard I recommend the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD6 if you're using the i7 870- For the harddisks, get 2 fast hdd that you put in raid-0 (for example the samsung F1 hdd)