Sign in to follow this  
Sidewinder9

P-8A Poseidon

Hello, I just downloaded the Project Open Sky P-8A but it is for FS2004 and the link to the post in their forum regarding the Poseidon in FSX is dead. I REALLY want to get it to work since it is such a cool aircraft. Any help will be appreciated!

So far I am having success with most of the newer Project Open Sky aircraft in FSX. Make sure the panel and sound are not aliased to the FS2004 B737-400. I've noticed that some planes do not show up on the menu of available planes and this might be part of the issue. You should be able to find a suitable 737 NG panel and sounds to go with the P-8A.I might give it a try too.

Keith Guillory

Guest CDR_Shark

Yep, I was hoping someone would repaint the default B737 in P-8A colors. Essentially a 737-800 without the blended winglets of the 737NG, plus it has additional internal fuel tanks.

Guest CDR_Shark

Keith,I downloaded the POSKY P-8A and it appears okay on the runway, but no VC, only a 2D panel. Could this possibly be that the panel is aliased to FS2004 B737-400? Haven't tried to fly it on the 2D, but I think the sounds and engine are okay. Any suggestions?MarkBTW, flying a ton of hours on the Alphasim Blackhawk! Of course most of the flying is with the Navy repaints. :)

Keith,I downloaded the POSKY P-8A and it appears okay on the runway, but no VC, only a 2D panel. Could this possibly be that the panel is aliased to FS2004 B737-400? Haven't tried to fly it on the 2D, but I think the sounds and engine are okay. Any suggestions?MarkBTW, flying a ton of hours on the Alphasim Blackhawk! Of course most of the flying is with the Navy repaints. :)
Mark, If you have not assigned a new panel to the P-8 than you will get the 1 or 2 texture files that make up the panel that comes with it. I can't remember which panel am using otherwise I could recommend the one I have by name. The model looks nice to me. They did a nice job on the wing-tips and small details. I was worried it would be just a gray 737-800.Also, thanks for the update on the Blackhawks. Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest CDR_Shark

So, I messed around with the panel file... Is there no Virtual Cockpit option, or do I have to go with B737-800 panel and modify the aircraft.cfg file?Thanks

Guest CDR_Shark
You will have to change the panel to the default 737-800 panel.Akshay
Akshay,Thanks, but I'm a bit of a noob and not sure how to proceed. Is it simply a matter of replacing the P-8 panel folder with the B737-800 one? Is there another procedure to do to get the Virtual Cockpit to work, like any mods to the *.cfg files?Thanks again,Mark

I don't know how to get the virtual cockpit to work, but to get the panels to work, just copy over the default 737's panel folder contents into the POSKY P-8A' panel and it should work. I also tried it without copying over the default 737's panel and the panels work fine. I hope this helps.

Akshay,Thanks, but I'm a bit of a noob and not sure how to proceed. Is it simply a matter of replacing the P-8 panel folder with the B737-800 one? Is there another procedure to do to get the Virtual Cockpit to work, like any mods to the *.cfg files?Thanks again,Mark
Mark,I'm almost certain the VC must be built into the 3D model of the aircraft and the corresponding gauges are aligned to vertical and horizontal positions on the areas that make up the instrument panels. I previously used to re-work panels in FS Panel Studio, but I have yet to finish building an entire aircraft.Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest CDR_Shark
Mark,I'm almost certain the VC must be built into the 3D model of the aircraft and the corresponding gauges are aligned to vertical and horizontal positions on the areas that make up the instrument panels. I previously used to re-work panels in FS Panel Studio, but I have yet to finish building an entire aircraft.Keith
Thanks, guys. Yeah, copied the -800 panel and it works only in 2D mode, which is fine. Got used to flying with VC and got spoiled. Guess we'll have to wait for a FSX model! In the meantime this POSKY P-8A is pretty cool. :(

Thanks, guys. Yeah, copied the -800 panel and it works only in 2D mode, which is fine. Got used to flying with VC and got spoiled. Guess we'll have to wait for a FSX model! In the meantime this POSKY P-8A is pretty cool. :(
I agree. Maybe we should have a large formation flight with them. :(