Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Wrong aircraftcalls in Atc

Guest Seat 7

How can I get rid of the ATC calling fokker 50 as "fokker fokker"Anyone who know?Thomas ESNN

Guest Captain Barfbag

The trouble is that the "phrase book" for "Fokker" is "Fokker" but the phrase book for "F100" is "Fokker Jet." Put them together and you get "Fokker Fokker Jet."Go into your aircraft.cfg file for the planes. Change the one that says "Fokker" (I think it's atc_type) to something the phrase book doesn't recognize. (I use "fooker".) ATC will then leave that blank and just use atc_model, which can be whatever you like.If you have an F-100, incidentally, I think you want to use "sabre" instead of "F100." That actually says "F one hundred" instead of "Fokker Jet."

Open & edit aircraft.cfg and change whatever you have to:(General) ...atc_type=Fokkeratc_model=F50ATC should call you Fokker Jet - there is no specific entry for "50" - but it might call you "Fokker Fokker Jet". There's no way to tell until you test it. If you leave atc_model blank you would just be called "Fokker".Check the library. There's a document that covers this and there are TONS of different possibilities. Or send me an email and I'll send you a copy.- You beat me to it, Barfbag!

Guest Captain Barfbag

I just looked up my own F-100 file. The correct entry to get ATC to say "F-one-hundred" is:atc_model=SSABI assume this is the old Super Sabre F-100 fighter jet, but as long as it says the right thing, who cares?

Guest cloudtops

Sorry, Thomas, but about the best you'll be able to do in FS2002 that I've found is:1) Download Edit Voicepack and do an internet update. Then open your Fokker 50's aircraft.cfg file and locate the General heading. Ensure that atc_type=FOKKER and atc_model=F50. It's not the greatest callsign (Fokker Fokker Turboprop), but at least it's not the default Fokker Fokker Jet.2) If you don't want to mess with Edit Voicepack (though I enjoy its benefits and recommend it), simply edit the atc_model= field to F27 instead of F50 to produce the same results (Fokker Fokker Turboprop).3) If you don't want the designation "Fokker" repeated in your title, you'll have to substitute some other designation in its place or suffer the consequences of leaving the atc_type= field blank. You'll then transport yourself back to December 28, 1985 when the first of two prototype Fokker 50's (built on F-27 Friendship airframes) took to the air. By that, I mean FS2002 ATC will refer to you as "Experimental Fokker Turboprop." Ahh, the dreaded "Experimental" nomenclature. Perhaps instead, you could try typing these in the atc_type= field...FAMILYCRUISER (If you have a large reunion to attend)VAGABOND (If you like to just wander about the skies)SAILPLANE (If you regularly engage in poor fuel planning)These actually work with FS2002 ATC, but I've not resigned myself to pretend that ATC's all over the world like to repeat that word.4) Use Captain Barfbag's recommendation to put FOOKER in the the type field and F27 or (with Edit Voicepack) F50 in the model field. That gets ATC to refer to you as Fokker Turboprop. There, much better.Kevin

Guest Captain Barfbag

My experience is that "Experimental" only comes up if BOTH atc_type and atc_model are unrecognized. If you have either one valid, it will use both. I'm not sure, but I also suspect that FS2002 will use variants if both are valid, sometimes using type, sometimes model and sometimes both.

Guest cloudtops

Cap,I tested this on my computer recently and found that if:1)type=FOKKER and model=F100, result=Fokker Fokker Jet2)type=FOKKER and model=, result=Fokker3)type= and model=F100, result=Experimental Fokker Jet4)type=FOOKER and model=F100, result=Fokker JetOthers may find different results, as I'm only passing along what my system does. I do have Edit Voicepack installed, but I think it's doubtful that EV could change this ATC behavior. If it's not obvious by now, I still have plenty to learn...Kevin

Guest Captain Barfbag

Thanks. You may have a lot to learn, but I've learned something from you today, too. Now we know that a blank atc_type will tell ATC to say "Experimental."