Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Problem with SLEW mode

Hello,I have aproblem when I slew in FS2002, it never happened before and started all of a sudden. If I select SLEW to move my aircraft, when I press the Y key to get out of SLEW mode my aircraft takes off like a bat out of hell. Right now its impossible to use slew mode to back out of a parking space. My rudder seems to go full throw every time I go out of slew as well and I have to press the number five key to reset it every time. Anyone have any ideas, I already re-calibrated my flight yoke numerous time and this has not helped. I am using PFC's USB jet style flight yoke.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Howdy:pressing the F1 key immediately before leaving slew mode should help. The "bat out of hell" move happens when slewing lifts the aircraft off the ground, even if it's just a foot; pressing F1 makes sure it comes back down to earth. Cheers, Holger

Why not use Shift-p (Pushback) to back out of the parking space? Then you can press either the 1 or 2 key to swing the tail left or right, respectively, after you've cleared the gate. Note that you need to press 1 or 2 as the very next key after Shift-p (no changing views, etc.) or they won't take. Press Shift-p again when you're ready to shift into forward.

Hello,The SHIFT-P works as well as pressing F1, Thanks!!!. I do have one problem, when I press 1 or 2 right after pressing SHIFT-P the aircraft does not turn. My very next key press is 1 or 2 after SHIFT-P.Any ideas why it won't turn?.Thanks

> Any ideas why it won't turn?.Yes, FS2002 dosn't seem to like the SHIFT+p key chord. I changed that to Ctrl+p and it has worked fine ever since. Try it. R-

Hello,Aircraft still will not turn. Is there a way to select what key press there is for turning after you press ctrl+P or shift+P to turn the aircraft? If so what is the name of the control assignments event?Thanks

> Is there a way to select what key press there is for turning after you press ctrl+P or shift+P to turn the aircraft?Not that I'm aware of. Do you give it a little time to turn? The plane will travel backward its own length before it starts to turn. R-