Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fang333333

0 access 0 hits-please please help!

Hi Fang, Having been a proxy user for years, i too sudenly developed this curious problem and it also had me jumping through hoops (I'd much rather be flying though them!!). I was stumped and tried everything until i found a solution thats worked for me and i thought this might help you too. Basically i thought about what i had changed since the problem started occuring and i realised i had installed the VFR real scenery collection from Just Flight (awesome addon btw). So i went into the scenery manager and disabled the VFR real stuff and low and behold my TP problem was resolved. Bit of a pain to enable/disable the scenery when i want to use it but hey what ever gets the boat afloat right :( .I have to point out that before i done this i had uninstaled FSX SP2, repaired FSX then reinstalled SP2 so maybe try that if the first option fails or indeed you have no other scenery installed.Anyways, hope that helpscheersSteve

Hi Fang, try this|: re install tile proxy, but at the screen where it asks you to choose where to install the cache and photoreal world folders, just leave the root drive letter in each box where you want to install them, DONT fill in any file names. Then try it. I just had a similar problem to you and it was caused by adding a file path.cheers, Mark

I just wanted to elaborate a bit, as that was definitely my problem. I have 2 hard drives I use, one 60 SSD for the operating system. Nothing else on there apart from windows and any programmes such as Java and stuff like software for controllers, in programme files.I have FSX installed on a separate drive, 256GB SSD. TileProxy installs here, within FSX and I just leave this drive letter ( H ) in the box where it asks you to specify the place to install the cache folder and photoreal world folder. JUST LEAVE THE ROOT DRIVE LETTER!. Do not fill any folder names. The installer seemed to detect automatically that FSX was installed to that drive and filled the drive letter in itself. You should end up with the following ( in my case)H drive ( MY FSX Drive ) with the following Folders in it:MicrosoftFlightSimulatorXTileProxy Photoreal WorldCache.service3 ( this folder only forms the first time you run tile proxy, not when you install it) I also made an folder for all my add on scenery such as meshes, so they are all on the same drive for maximum efficiency and data throughput speed. If you do it like that, I am 100% sure it will work. Cheers, Mark

Guest xpcmaster

hi Fang333333i am a new member.Most of all, sorry for my poor english :( TRY THIS!!First,Remainning TP is running,End flightsim and then go to settings/scenery library uncheck world_0000...........confirmSecond,Quit TP and Exit flightsim...........RebootThird,After Windows Booting,Cleanup world folder at TP menuFour,Start TP and Flightsim..when Main screen appears,you maysee hit 0 accesses 0 again :( ..but don't worry and Start to flyBuffering reaches at 50%,you may notice TP accesses and hit working sucessfully PS.Add more words,Try to replace C:/windows/explorer.exe by one C:/windows/servicepackfiles/i386/explorer.exe Good Luck~

Guest Fang333333

Hello all!please excuse my absence (again), I write this reply on my mobile phone so i am trying to be brief lol. I still have had no luck...i know...boo...in the past weeks i have tried the last 3 suggestions to a tee, making sure nothing was left out and i was not missing anything. i still have the same results, i really thought one of those ideas had to yield something but no. After breaking down and checking every little nook and cranny from windows to fsx, i still remain as puzzled as ever. I can't thank all of you enough for all the thought you've put into my problem. i only wish i wasn't so busy lately so i could reply on a daily basis. i also spent much time roaming the forums for hidden answers, but this post has by far been the most informative about this problem.anyhoo its 1:30 am out here in tucson and i am beat : ) time for bed. I still read the forum every day and i will respond, just give me time... lol i also want to wish all of you in flightsim land a happy thanksgiving : ) i know sometime on turkey day i will be reinstalling tp again....maybe a different/older vers tp may help? or maybe a little holiday luck will do the trick! only time will tell, i will update!until then,fang

Guest xpcmaster

Hi fangthis is another suggestion and you may feel inconvenientbut everytime i try this i can always fix the problem1.start TP, start FSX2.fly now! in default state( aircraft.location)3.when scattered sqare tiles appear, Hit the 'Y' key(slew mode)4.change view {top view mode) and zoom out to see whole TP covered zone5.move the aircraft to the border area in slew mode6.Quit TP and Clean up world folder6.move the aircraft to another area or first starting position7.restart TP and wait ....Hope this helps good luck!

hmm maybe try all different kinds of aircraft. Work through the default ones, payware and freeware. Hopefully theres a solution out there somewhere.cheers