Sign in to follow this  

Some SGAIR/FFX questions... (No release dates)

HI,first a big "Thank You" to the SGAIR/FFX staff: Your models really rock! I hardly fly anything else anymore.I hope someone reading this can give me some answers:1) Before temporary closure of their website, they showed the 727 "super 7" model with RR Tay engines and winglets. Does anyone know what has become of this project?2) I'm so -lets say- enchanted by the 737's they released so far. Any info if a 737-700 is also planned? 3) Does anyone know which settings to alter so the -800 won't cruise with trim almost all the way up?Thanks,Torsten

Guest P3_Super_Bee

They are in a little breaktime, and they are suppose to do some updates to what is already on the market, then back to the releases.note: The Super 27 does not have RR Tays. The center engine is the same as the B722adv which could be the JT8D-15 /-17/-19(Think I got the dash numbers right) and the fuselage engines are JT8D-217C /-219.And this is the model Erick is working on not the RR Tay mod of UPS fame.

http://www.super27.com/
:-outta
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Okay, it's good to hear they haven't quit, too.Indeed I seem to have confused the JT8D-engined Super27 with the Tay-reengined one. BUt faintly remember to have read "super 727" one one of those UPS'es, too - but, nothing I'd argue about.Thanks for correction and info,Torsten

We did do a winglet version of the 727 and it's part of the 737-200 base package still available on FlightSim, but not with the engines you describe, maybe later.A 700 series is on the "to do" list but a long way from release or development. We're taking a break kinda' now and taking it easy. We're currently working on some projects, but I will not divulge any details as to what they are. The next one out of the "factory" will be a BIG surprise!Download my fictional Hawaiian available here in the library and use the data on te enclosed config as well as the airfile and you'll be up to date on modifications etc and your aircraft should fly right, provided your doing everything right as well.And thanks for the praise!Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

Dear Mike,thanks for the info. Don't need to thank me for praise, You guys have more than earned it! (In fact, You got me from flying Airbusses until Your 737's came). I wish You all the best on Your break and Your next projects and positively look forward to anthing You will create.Unfortunately, I am not able to find the ffx737-200 base package neither on the other side nor here at avsim. Can anybody point me to a filename? Thanks a lot!Torsten

Torsten,The base package you need is b73720fx.zip at flightsim.com.John

Dear John,thanks a lot! I'm downloading now...Torsten

Hi,unfortunatelyI was not able to locate a winglet version in the package and the readme file also says there is none...Nice '27 paints nonetheless. Wish it had the front stairs like the FFX 737's and the rear staircase as well... or the cargo door for the -F model... (maybe at sometime later re-do?)Thanks again to FFX/SGAIR for the Boeings,Torsten

Dear Mike,thanks again for Your reply.I hope You guys won't quit as well due to unuseful comments and eagerly but patiently await what will come next...Have a nice weekTorsten