Sign in to follow this  
Guest H_Kev55

FS2004 Installation

Hi,I have searched and can't find an answer to this - sorry if someone has.I have loads of sceneries, aircraft and add-ons installed. Does FS2004 give the option of upgrading the install from 2002 - this would save having to add back in all of the sceneries etc?Thanks,Matt

Guest danowat

Hi,I doubt it, BUT I would just wait until FS2004 is released.Dan.

hi,That would be awsome but I dought it also. :-( You can always just install fs2004.... fly around with the default stuff for a little bit then go back and take a couple hours to add all your addons. :-)Andrew

Guest SlimDady

If the folder structures are the same I dont see why you couldent just install fs2004. Then copy all your fs2002 filders like aircraft, guages and stuff over to fs2004

Guest kyle

FS2004 is backward compatible - however that is dependant on a number of things such as the developer of what you are installing - did they make per the specifications within the respective SDK?I have had no major problems as of yet but I have a feeling the wonderful developers that bless our hobby will surely provide updates if required.

Thanks for the info guys!I too *hope* that it will be an easy process!Matt

Guest H_Kev55

I just copied all my scenery folders into FS9 and added them manually as you would do on an original install. Some of them work just fine while others don't look all that good.I'm assuming it's b/c of the new mesh.....KJhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg