Sign in to follow this  
Guest savageagle

FSCopilot/FSInn for FS2004

Guest savageagle

I was using FSCopilot 1.7 and FSInn 1.3 for quite awhile and now have been running a much faster system for a few months without these installed as i haven't been flying on the site that used them. My recent attempts to install them on this system for FS2004 so i could fly again on the site has resulted in failure. FSCopilot haults after extracting FSCopilot16.ocx and then updates it. Thats the last entry in the details window (Update FSCopilot.ocx) In the manual there is a support forum link "www.mcdu.com/forums" which hasn't worked for me in two days and another listed which also does not work either. I have posted "help" in other forums and only recieved "contact the mcdu forums website" after even asking if anyone knows why these site are not working or if they work for anyone else and just not me. I sure would like to get these installed again and sure would appreciate some word or support from the mcdu website but my attempts in contacting anyone from the links included in the users manual have failed. Maybe someone here knows possibly why the mcdu website comes up error 404, not found. you can get to the basic mcdu website which displays a few graphics but nothing clickable, and, if you include the "/forums" or anything else after the "/" you get nothing. Any words of help are apprciated, Thanks in advance.

Savageeagle,The MCDU website has been down for a long time now. So it is NOT your problem only.Now there's some info saying 'En cours de restauration', which translates into English as 'being restored'.So there is a hope the MCDU guys will be back.I've been using FSCopilot/FSInn without problems lately. Maybe try a reistall.As for the above-mentioned ocx file, yes it gave me an error report a few times in my history of use.It was even the given reason for a reported OOM during my FS9 session.Also remember to install FSCopilot first and then FSInn.

Guest savageagle

Thanks Guys, at least here i get some replies. I have finnaly figured out, at least for me, what the issue was. I spent most of last night and this morning going through procedures of installing and uninstalling the software. First off, you can't install FSInn first, it won't let you. For some reason when the detail window shows FSCopilot16.ocx being updated thats where the failure occured, at least when i wasn't connected to the internet. In the middle of this hair pulling venture i thought i would update my runtime components. After the update finished, and without disconnecting from the web i attempted to install FSCopilot again. It was a successful install and FSInn installed just fine too. I went through this process uninstalling and re-installing offline and online and for me the only way it would be successful was online. I have discussed my issue with several online pilots using these and never has there been any mention of having to be connected to the internet prior to running the install program. There isn't any reference to this in the users manual either. it seems that FSCopilot needs to be connected to the internet to update the OCX file or else it stops there. for now all is installed and operating as it should. some have thought i was expressing anger, i'm not angry but frustrated. I'm sure most of you know how frustrating it can be sometimes to get a simple program installed so you can enjoy a bit of online flying. As the mcdu website is down i can't confirm that the running of the install programs do rely on being connected to the web but i do know thats what worked for me in this case. I will still look to contact the support forums at mcdu when they are back to find out for sure if this is a mandatory thing or just something that worked for my sometimes mysterious system. Thanks again guys for your replies. I hope this resolution may help someone with the same problem. Cheers, and thanks Rafal for the translation, gives me some hope.