Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest asad98

IMG SIZE ISSUE: WinAir Flight 412 - Saba to St. Barths

Guest asad98

Hiya guys,I've been posting screen shots at FlightSim.com screenshot forums for over a year now, and I decided today to join another forum too, so here I am. Here's one of my posts there that I really enjoyed flying - there are several more I'd like to share so I really hope you like the shots!

Hey guys,Thanks for joining me on board one of Windward Island Airways' (more commonly known as Winair) DHC6 Twin Otter's for Flight WM0412 from Saba to St. Barths. This is the first set of "proper" FSX shots that I have posted here, hope they're up to scratch. - Shots unedited, resized, taken with - FSX - Aerosoft Twotter - REX with HD textures - FlyTampa Maarten Complete - Shockwave 3D Lights - Started up and ready to go at Saba. Loadsheet is a cause for concern today due to the runway - it is the shortest commercial airport in the world where flights regularly depart and arrive... in fact, the runway is marked with an "X" due to the fact that regular traffic cannot land here, a special grant is needed to operate or land here at Saba. Fortunately, WinAir has that grant so we can continue with this flight to St. Barths. After a hairy takeoff we configure the GPS and the autopilot is now guiding us over the beautiful blue waters of the Caribbean. We turn right for our approach to Runway 10 at Saba... the Twotter really has a beautiful flight deck, IMO. No need for those windshield wipers today fortunately, it's a typically blue day here in the Caribbean. Bit more clouds than usual, though. On our approach path and going over the procedure for the notoriously hairy approach to Runway 10...Going over a few houses (these residents are used to Twotters and BN Islanders clattering over every 15 minutes, hah) as we prepare for the famous "dive" towards Runway 10. Nicely centered over the runway and starting to lower the nose as some spotters in a Corolla snap a few shots then duck for cover....Swooping down on the runway and touching down nicely with just a bit of smoke as the passengers breathe a sigh of relief... other than those who take these flights regularly, of course!Quick 180 turn at the beach as some tourists look on...Parked up at the gate for a short 15 minute turnaround before we continue onwards to St. Maarten...Hope you liked the shots guys! Still a bit of tweaking left to do in FSX.Asad.
Images over 200K file size deleted

Guest Staggerwing

Asad... we are happy to have you join us here in the screen shot forum but you MUST read and follow the Avsim posting rules at the top, if you copy and paste posts from other sites here you can be sure you will have the wrong size images to fit the Avsim rules... these were all way over the file size limit.....thank you.