Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucek

Back to FS9 after a long time.... basic questions

I am returning to FS9 to see how the new A320 bird flies. I have updated a new FS9 install to 9.1, is there a further upgrade to 9.2 that I should do as well?The first thing I noted with the new virgin install was how fast it loads and the very high frame-rates, however this is with no add-ons at all yet. However I did note briefly last night that I obviously have an issue with graphics settings, the airport at KSEA was crawling with jagged edges when on approach. I have AA set in nHancer for my 8800 GTS video card, but no change when switching AA on or off in FS9. Is there a profile setting for nHancer that works well with FS9 that I might make use of?I looked through the Tips and Tricks forum but couldn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am returning to FS9 to see how the new A320 bird flies. I have updated a new FS9 install to 9.1, is there a further upgrade to 9.2 that I should do as well?The first thing I noted with the new virgin install was how fast it loads and the very high frame-rates, however this is with no add-ons at all yet. However I did note briefly last night that I obviously have an issue with graphics settings, the airport at KSEA was crawling with jagged edges when on approach. I have AA set in nHancer for my 8800 GTS video card, but no change when switching AA on or off in FS9. Is there a profile setting for nHancer that works well with FS9 that I might make use of?I looked through the Tips and Tricks forum but couldn't see this information.Thanks, Bruce.
Bruce,be sure to Delete the link to the executable in Nhancer that goes to the default FS9 (Nvidia) profile.

Bruce,be sure to Delete the link to the executable in Nhancer that goes to the default FS9 (Nvidia) profile.
Thanks, will do.Bruce.

Awesome- I did my IR checkride in 2004 at McAir, in a similar 172 (is that an S?) that you are with. Have you flown any of the G1000 models?I'm in Boulder. Bruce.
Yep, 2459K is a 172sp. the G1000's are pretty nice. I've sort of avoided them for training, although I have about 2 hours in the G1000's. I was living up in conifer for a couple years, started getting home-sick for San Diego. So I'm back in California for now.