Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jozef_K

Dream Wings Fokker 50 package

Guest claudius41ad

Hello All,Yesterday I downloaded Dream Wings F50 package and encountered the following problem.......After operating the install.exe prog - installing the aircraft in to my FS2002 aircraft folder - I discovered that the aircraft does not appear on the aircraft selection list.I would appreciate if any more experienced member could advise me?Thank you in anticipationRegardsRoger:-hmmm

Guest bjornkeizers

Hi.I just had the same "problem" They simply messed up. All the folders (model, panel, texture) and your aircraft.cfg, air file etc. have just been dumped in your aircraft folder instead of in its own folder. Just take a look at your fs2002/aircraft directory and there you'll see all the loose files and folders. Just create a new folder and dump them there. Now it should show up in your aircraft list.

Guest claudius41ad

Hi there,Thank you for your assistance........... All solved........ Working fine. :-jumpy

RogerI know you're sorted now, but as a more "experienced" member I can tell you there have been several instances of self-install files not working as they should. I highly recommend always opening such files to a temporary directory and then moving the files manually to their appropriate places in FS2002. With one or two more sophisticated products things cannot be done that way, but usually it is quite possible. There's nothing worse than files installing all over the place when the uploader doesn't even list what's being installed.The real problem can be gauges. Quite often, developers use older versions of gauges than I have myself, for example, or have made modifications where they shouldn't have done. Rare, but it happens, and if you self-install, you'll never know what's been overwritten.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest racartron

Couldn't agree with you more, Dark Moment. The only birds I will allow to be self installed are those from trusted sources(meaning I know how they work) such as DreamFleet or FSD, etc. Actually, I'd prefer to do them manually as well but their unique treatment of cfg files makes it nearly impossible.I hazard a guess that over 60% of all the birds and repaints I download need some amount of "adjustment" before they are allowed into my hanger.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest claudius41ad

Thank you for that advice.........I shall remember it for future reference.I always virus check any files but after that experience, I don't think I will trust these self installers.Once again thanks for the helpRegardsRoger

I could not agree more!!!!! I cannot stand auto installers and install manually when possible. Especially don't like the ones that leave traces in your registry and have the uninstall icon with it. It can help you with so many issues to know how your file system is set up within FS rather than rely on an auto installer Complex packages make some sense, but a basic aircrft structure doesn't to me.The new Fokker is good looking aircraft, but I was a little dissapointed it didn't have a VC, guess I'll wait to see if maybe they'll add one so I'll be able to fly her, looks very nice though.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

There's a good F50 with VC and wing views on flightsim.comI also prefer the ones with VC's

Hi Michael>I was a little dissapointed it didn't have a VCI never download an aircraft without a VC. So will not download this!Shri

Hi Michael>I was a little dissapointed it didn't have a VCI never download an aircraft without a VC. So will not download this!Shri

Where did you download that? I saw one in fsplanet (i visit just for checking) today. Is it freeware, fsplanet offer it free for d/l?Hearing it's name, Dream Wings, Dream Fleet, sounds like payware