Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Sinnerman49

Question about editing a model's animations....

How easy is it to edit a model's animations? Here's my situation:I have an aircraft, and it's designed so that when the gear is raised, the wings flex up. So there is not dynamic wingflex. However, i would like to change that, and make it so that when the aircraft reaches "X" knots, the wings flex up. Is this possible?Is there somesort of payware MDL viewers I could get that would allow me to look at the variable that controls when the wing animations takes place, and then change it?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How easy is it to edit a model's animations? Here's my situation:I have an aircraft, and it's designed so that when the gear is raised, the wings flex up. So there is not dynamic wingflex. However, i would like to change that, and make it so that when the aircraft reaches "X" knots, the wings flex up. Is this possible?Is there somesort of payware MDL viewers I could get that would allow me to look at the variable that controls when the wing animations takes place, and then change it?Thanks!
Hi Luke,I won't go into the legalities or illegalities. The short answer is; the only correct way to go about it would be to contact the creator / OWNER of the model and explain what you wish to do. Having done so, the OWNER may chose to share the source file with you for you to modify and recompile. - very unlikely -Sorry to disappoint you, but the Short answer is: No. The only exception to this that I am aware of is a few of the Project Opensky aircraft, where quite a few of the model animation controls are coded into XML and reside in the panel folder. Please note that this method will not work unless the model is 'programed' for them to work. Finally I know of no MDL tool, either free or payware to do what you desire, since it is basically a big no no.Best regards,Mel