Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eurosky

Boeing 767-300 POSKY vs. IFDG

Guest panzerschiffe

The 767 was Albert Bouwman's (the modeler) first aircraft brought through to completion, just as the MD-11 visual model will be mine when it's complete. The 767 FDE was my first effort for a released aircraft. For us modelers in iFDG at least, these are uncharted waters we're sailing through, so you'll just have to bear with us (and Albert while he works the issues). Luckily we have such talented painters, and we never have to worry about them producing superlative liveries. So while our first effort wasn't 100% successful, at least it's enough to placate most people. And with some updates I'd say nearly everyone will be satisfied (though I find it ironic saying how we need to satisfy people with a free product, but even when you offer a free product, you still have to provide some customer service). But some people are never satisfied. To you all, I can only say, make your own 767 if you don't like ours or POSKY's 767. And to all the people who have liked our 767, thanks, you're the reason it we made in the first place.

Well said, Albaro. To everyone in the post, while the intentions may have not have been malicious, I think there is still a point to made here. A point that has been made many times over, in fact. I seriously doubt that IFDG released their model so that it could be compared to the efforts of POSKY. The modellers at POSKY and IFDG have spent countless hours developing quality freeware products to keep us entertained. While both models have their good and not-so-good points, they are still the fruits of someone's labour, and should be respected as such. When someone compares, it gives the impression that they are insulting the hard work of a modeller. Granted, nobody is perfect, and the initial output may be flawed (this goes for all freeware and payware products released). This said, however, we should all be mindful that by speaking negatively about a model, or comparing it to something 'better', we may be offending the modeller of the product. In future, unless the modeller asks for opinions, let's keep the criticism to a minimum, and stop with the comparisons; from what I've seen, they never really come to a decent solution, except maybe a locked topic (hint hint). Just my two cents on the matter :).Regards,George

What do you think about the IFDG flight dynamics for the 757? Isn't the rudder input totally wrong, you can turn nearly 360

Guest panzerschiffe

I wasn't around when the 757 was released, but maybe it's because the real 757 can do that...hmmm

Guest Eurosky

i don't know about the real 757, but our 757 FDE was made by the designer together with a rteal pilots (isn't it perfect, a real 757 pilot make the FDE *:-* ) It is 99% real, I admit, maybe a bit too real. About the 767, well, I don't really care which one is better. I just like designing and sharing with other people. The model cost me almost 7 months and more than 250 hours of work. But I learned a lot. Maybe a v2 in the future, but not anywhere soon (well, not a v2 by me hint ;-) ) Take care en enjoy :-cool