Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Can't Set Trim for Take Off 777

I bought the PSS 777 download package about 3 months ago and have just started to learn how to fly it. I can set trim correctly while still at the gate but when I get set for take off, the pointer automatically heads and wants to stay at either of the two nose up or nose down extremes. When I try to reset it using my CH Yoke trim switch, it fights me and returns as soon as I release it. I read the manual (I'm going back to it as soon as I finish this post) and I did a search here in this forum, and I only came up with one topic that seemed to be on point, and it was from March of 2007:<< http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...++trim++takeoff >>so I know I'm doing something wrong procedurally, although I'll be dang nabbed if I can figure out what! This is the only aircraft I have this problem with -- My PSS 757, Wilco's and PMDGs all behave correctly.Can someone shed some light on this and help me out? I've spent many hours trying different things but just can't sort it out.Thank you in advance.

For future posterity: I've apparently found one way around this issue and that is to not enter my departure runway in the CDU if it's assigned after general FMC programming is complete (i.e., before or after starting taxi or while still at the gate). My trim behaves correctly when I just leave the DEP RWY blank and proceed with my take off . . .Whatever works for now, I guess . . .

. . . also for future posterity: keep an eye on your flight surfaces. Make sure your key commands between payware a/c agree and you haven't accidentally extended your spoilers, instead of ARMING your spoilers, just prior to take off! :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.