Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

ADD ON Scenery work all in FS2k4?

Hi,I have about 186 ADDON scenery for FS2k2 and wonder if I can just move them over to FS2k4 when I have it without loosing a scenery or have to edit the listing very much. Same questions goes with aircrafts. I have 80% of GMAX aircrafts and can I just more and then fly them all to FS2k4?

Guest vas_yan

This is only an educated guess (i.e. based on posts of owners of gold copies):If you move the scenery folders (scenery+texture) to where you want them installed and copy the add-on textures that are installed in the main Texture folder of FS2K2 to the main one of FS9 (assuming you know which ones were installed there by your add ons. Don't copy the whole texture folder!) and finally edit the scenery.cfg of FS9 to point to these locations then (probably) most sceneries will work. Having said that I believe that you should also install all the generic textures such as Nova, ASD. etc that you had installed in FS2K2 as well. I am not so sure about Gerrish Gray's trees though I suspect the same applies for these as well. Kind regards,

Any idea if landclass scenery will work right away? Does FS2004 have any changes at all to the landclass systems (ie. more different kinds of terrain etc.)?I would hate to see the whole pacific NW turn from nice crops, forests and small villages into one big pine forest without a house in sight again :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP