Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim_mx

'Microsoft' and release dates?

Hi guys,I was wondering what Microsoft are like with release dates? Not having ever been 'in waiting' for a Microsoft product before, I was just wondering if 29th July (or in my case 8th August over here in the UK) is likely to be a reality for seeing FS2004 released.I only ask as every other game I've bought during the last year has been anything from two weeks to two months late. Did FS2002 arrive on its intended release date? I can't really remember!You lucky lucky people across the pond will be marvelling at those fantastic weather formations from the right hand seat of a Lear or a DC-3 for about ten days prior to me getting my hands on FS2004. Hopefully my patience will hold out!Regards,Al.

I don't recall how often MS hits their release date. I can tell you FS2002 was pushed back because of 9-11. In the case of FS2004, it has been gold for over a week. It usually only takes a couple of weeks to hit stores once a game goes gold, assuming the packaging and documentation is ready as well. In this case, I don't think we will see FS2004 before the 29th as that date is the opening of the big Century of Flight Celebration version of the annual EAA convention in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. MS is going to have a big tie-in with the festivities this year.Tony

Guest AIH781

Actaully, the UK release date for FS2004 is 1st August :D

Guest Tim_mx

Yup, looks like the release date across Europe is 01-Aug-2003This is how a increasing amount of game releases are handled in Europe:Because of higly effective and punctual (air) cargo networks many shops get their games a couple of days before the release. With the game package there is a big note saying for example "DO NOT SELL BEFORE AUGUST 1 2003"If I remember correctly Rise Of Nations did arrive early but had this note. And believe me game publishers/distributors do not like when someone starts selling a game before anyone else.