Sign in to follow this  
Guest fourthtime

maybe a serious problem?

Guest fourthtime

Hello everyone, I have a possible serious problem and I am asking for some help. I just bought a new add on for Flight Sim 2004 and when it loads it says I am missing a d3dx9_34.dll file. I have found out that it is related to directx. Now the fun part, I have bought a new windows 7 computer and I have a system 32 and a system 64wow files. I downloaded the microsoft directx end user thing but it asks me where to place the files. I am not familiar with the 32 and 64 system files. I just bought the new computer and it came with the two systems. It also says that there is no way to uninstall the directx end user, so if I get it wrong then I may wreck my whole new system. The instructions on the microsoft website are very vague, it just says download and run but doesn't mention where to put it. I guess I am just asking where should I extract the microsoft directx update to. I have also searched the web but it doesn't give the specific info that I need. It may not be a serious problem after all as long as I don't mess it up. Thank you so much for any help you can give.

Hello everyone, I have a possible serious problem and I am asking for some help. I just bought a new add on for Flight Sim 2004 and when it loads it says I am missing a d3dx9_34.dll file. I have found out that it is related to directx. Now the fun part, I have bought a new windows 7 computer and I have a system 32 and a system 64wow files. I downloaded the microsoft directx end user thing but it asks me where to place the files. I am not familiar with the 32 and 64 system files. I just bought the new computer and it came with the two systems. It also says that there is no way to uninstall the directx end user, so if I get it wrong then I may wreck my whole new system. The instructions on the microsoft website are very vague, it just says download and run but doesn't mention where to put it. I guess I am just asking where should I extract the microsoft directx update to. I have also searched the web but it doesn't give the specific info that I need. It may not be a serious problem after all as long as I don't mess it up. Thank you so much for any help you can give.
Hellotry this installerhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Guest belga1

Hello,

I downloaded the microsoft directx end user thing but it asks me where to place the files
You can place the files anywhere (in a temporary folder or any other place you know)After the download .. go to the folder where are the files and from there run the executable .. and DirectX will be installed where he must goes.After that you can delete the files or keep them somewhere (as backup for a future install on a other HD or for a reinstall)Regards.santa2.gifGus

Guest fourthtime

Wow you guys, it looks like it worked. It didn't ask me where to extract but it seemed to go right into the correct place. It was scary because it started installing without telling me where they were going. I thank you so much for saving me. I will always ask questions on this forum because I always get good advice from everyone.

Hello,You can place the files anywhere (in a temporary folder or any other place you know)After the download .. go to the folder where are the files and from there run the executable .. and DirectX will be installed where he must goes.After that you can delete the files or keep them somewhere (as backup for a future install on a other HD or for a reinstall)Regards.santa2.gifGus