Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Possible to 'ride' on AI aircraft?

I just purchased Ultimate Traffic and WOW!! It's going to turn me into a commerical airliner simmer yet! Very nice indeed. It brought up an interesting question... since I have all of these real world airlines doing real world flights, I found myself actually wanting to 'ride' on a few of them, instead of doing the obligatory newbie maneuver of following them all the way from departure to arrival. Does anyone know if there's a way to set the camera to lock onto an AI aircraft through the duration of its flight? Might be kind of fun. Of course, I expect it'll make me nervous to go screaming past a Cessna at a few hundred feet on final at a smaller commercial airport... :(Thanks in advance!Kenneth

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not really. Repeatedly pressing Ctrl+w allows you to cycle through all AI aircraft currently loaded in chase plane view (external). FS will only load AI aircraft within a radius of approx. 40nm around the player aircraft. As soon as the AI aircraft leaves that area the chase plane view will revert back to your own aircraft. So you can't follow from takeoff to landing without following the AI aircraft with your own aircraft. Misha