Sign in to follow this  
davetfc

NVidia GT130M & overclocking

Hi everyone,I've just recently purchased a new HP laptop with a NVidia GeForce GT130M graphics card onboard. This is a notebook version of the graphics card, not the GT130. I've installed NVidia WHQL driver software version 195.62. I've also installed the NVidia system tools software. The OS is Win7-64bit Home Premium edition (RTM).Now I've noticed in the NVidia settings that I have the option of changing up to 3 clock settings: Core clock; Memory clock; and Shader clock. The settings to change the cooling are grayed out, so I would assume that there is no separate cooling installed for the GPU itself.Now I was wondering which of these settings should I change to achieve better frame rates in FS9? At the moment these are still at the "Factory shipped frequencies" (Core = 600 Mhz, Memory = 500 Mhz and Shader = 1500 Mhz). Is there a risk of irrevocably damaging the hardware when changing these settings? What should I watch for when changing these settings so that I don't damage the hardware? Logically I would assume that increasing these values would mean that the GPU would attain a higher temperature. As there is no separate cooling provided for, what precautions should I take in this area when changing the clock settings.So you see I'm a bit apprehensive in changing these settings, as I certainly don't want to irrevocably damage the hardware of this new laptop. Any pieces of advice would be much appreciated! I would also like to know from those who have modified these settings what gains in frame rates did you manage to get out of the system in FS9?Many thanks for taking the time to read this message.RegardsDaveAntwerp, Belgium