Sign in to follow this  
hjwalter

Salzburg Airport texture problem

Hi Guys,I've had LOWS_2006_V1.0 (Salzburg Airport in Austria by Gianni) in my FS9 ever since it came out about 3 years ago and everything was fine. However, I recently noticed that almost all static ground vehicles had unexpectedly become untextured. Why and how I have no idea and I hope that one of you technical scenery experts out there can point my nose in the right direction.There are two BGL files: "LOWS_2006_static_vehicles.bgl" and "lows_2006_lib_static_vehicles.bgl" present in the airport's scenery folder and when de-compiling these to XML, all MDL files and object placement processes seem to be correct. All the related BMP files seem to be correctly present in the airport's texture folder as well.As far as I can make out the necessary textures are somehow no longer searched for in the airport's texture folder but elswhere, where they evidently cannot be found.At Klagenfurt airport (also by Gianni) all the static ground vehicles (mostly the same ones) are displayed correctly and have the same BMP names as those in the Salzburg airport's texture folder. Moreover, at that airport the same object placement procedures and BGL file types, etc. are used.What could have happened here because whatever causes this problem it definitely seems to be something outside the Salzburg airport's scenery itself ?Hope someone can shed some light on this.Hans

Hi guys,Just let you know that I solved my problem because, as I had the impression that another addon scenery was somehow causing my texture problem at Salzburg airport, I deactivated/reactivated large scenery areas in turn and low and behold, it was in fact another scenery which was causing the problem.In this other scenery the same texture BMP files as those being called for by the Salzburg scenery, were directly being used via a normal scenery BGL file. However, in the Salzburg scenery the more modern GUIDs and MDLs were being used. Deactivating the other scenery's offending BGL file solved the problem but I still do not understand why and how such a setup in a completely separate scenery can mess up the GUID/MDL texture processes in another scenery.A bug in FS9 maybe ?Greetings for the coming festive period.Hans