Sign in to follow this  

Off-topic posting - Everyone please read

There is a description on the main forum page telling users the function of this forum. Here is the description:This forum is for the discussion of topics not covered in other forums in the AVSIM Conferences. Please make sure that your topic isn't covered in another forum before posting here.We have around 55+ forums open to the public covering all sorts of topics. There have been quite a few messages posted in here that I've been letting slide, but there seems to be an increase in MS Flightsim questions asked in here. Considering we have 6 forums setup for topics about MSFS, there really shouldn't be any MSFS questions in here at all. So starting from here on out, those posts will be moved from here to the MSFS General Forum. I will just move it and not post an explanation for each one I move or contact the person that posted it as that would be too time consuming. Just know if you post a message here that belongs in another forum, it will be gone and you can find it in the appropriate forum. Thanks

Guest BrianC

Scott,As a frequent visitor I often find myself clicking very quickly into the MSFS and Fly General Discussion Forums. I don't do this often, but sometimes I'm on autopilot and click on "General Discussion" instead and only after a few minutes realize that I'm not in the MSFS General Discussion forum (:-roll).Perhaps to avoid confusion between the three "General Discussion" forums, this one ought to be called something else like "Off-Topic Discussion" or some such. I think the number of MSFS posts would then drop to near zero.

Guest BrianC

You might also take advantage of the forum preview mode where the first couple lines of text are included after the subject line. Your post currently shows the following:"There is a description on the main forum page telling users the function of this forum. Here is the description: This forum is for the discus..."If you were to start out with the bold text point in your post people won't have to open the message to see the point and it will register in their brains every time they join this forum.