Sign in to follow this  
Philipp Ringler CFI

No AI Traffic anymore?

Hi folks,I have quite some woai packages installed in my fs9 with many major european airlines. I am used to my airports being very stuffed with all kinds of AI airplanes.Today, I started up FS9 and positioned myself at my regular home base (EDDF, a major german intl. airport) and expected (as always) a lot of traffic.But nothing, nada. All that is there are 4 or 5 "world travel" or "landmark" default ai planes.Huh?My AI-traffic slider is maxed out at 100%, the traffic.bgls (with woai and the airline name in the file name) are there in scenery/world/scenery, the planes are there, but nothing but the default traffic shows up.How can I locate the problem?Regards,Phil

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil

Strange --The first thing I would do would be to disable the default traffic file - traffic030528.bgl - by renaming it to something like traffic030528.bgl.origThat should halt any display of Soar, Landmark etc.. Then check to see what, if anything, in the way of WOAI aircraft displays.Keep us posted.

The first thing I would do would be to disable the default traffic file - traffic030528.bgl - by renaming it to something like traffic030528.bgl.origThat should halt any display of Soar, Landmark etc.. Then check to see what, if anything, in the way of WOAI aircraft displays.
Did that, I can confirm that it removed the default AI aircraft. Strangely, I noticed that the AI of one cargo airline package I installed show up correctly, but not the others?I took TTools to look into the bgls, all seem to contain a reasonable set of flightplans.I did a reinstall of some packages and now everything seems alright again.Must have scrambled up something in my FS in the last weeks. :(

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil