Sign in to follow this  

Getting Tower to work under XP and maybe other OS's

Hi all, After Fsimming on Vatsim I decided to go ahead and play Tower again. Well, at first it wouldn't install off the CD. So then I found out about www.the-underdogs.org and they do have it for download there and that version installed. Keep in mind I have XP. So then when I tried to play it it said something to the effect of "this version of msvcrt20.dll is for Win 32's" Well, after an hour or so I got it working perfectly again. Here's what I had to do. In the Tower folder you'll find an old msvctr20.dll file. Delete it. Now, go get a newer version of it. I think it's already in the windows/system directory, or it can be downloaded (just search for it on yahoo). I downloaded it before checking so I'm not sure if it was there. Now copy that file and place it into the tower directory.Also, there will be a file in windows/system called winG32.dll. That file needs to be copied and then placed into the windows/system32 directory. That's all there is to it. It works perfectly again. BTW, I'm just being extra safe by copying all of the files so that the original stays where it was and I can put the copy elsewhere. I'm not sure if either of those two files are critical for windows so I decided to play it safe. Hope this helps anyone out there who has had problems installing Tower recently.