Sign in to follow this  
Ibrahima

MASTER START not retirning to AIR position after engine start

Hi all,I am haɓing an issue with engine start! I must have missed something important as when I start the left engine, the MASTER START switch does not return automaticly to its AIR position! When I try it again, it returns to AIR without starting the engines!! I recently purchased the JS41 and I am still learning!!Please helpIbrahima S

Hi,you have to give a little more information. Do the engines spool up?What is about rpm, engine temp etc.Do you use hardware? (goflight modules were my problems to start engines).BestThomas Groh

Thanks Thommy78, I forgot to gather all this information as I did not know what to do. I will restart the whole process with more focus on what the gauges say!Regards

Hum.. weird!Another issue: when I start engines, normally GEN should be set to ON and FUEL PUMP OFF, but when I set PUMPS to OFF, the engine shuts down!! Anybody know why???

Guest G_KKES

Do you see "LOPRESS" in the overhead? Your description suggests fuel starvation may be a possibility.I run my Checklist here to ensure everything is done in sequence.I hope this may help.Happy New YearKev Townsend

Thank you for the checklist. It is simpler to folow after reading the tutorial. But I just don't understand why the engines shut down after start when I turn Standby Fuel Pumps! Its says LO PRESS and engine goes out!I did follow checklists correctly (I think).And why does START MASTER remain on LEFT GROUND after engine is stable? I am lost!

Guest G_KKES

Are your condition levers in TAXI mode, when you begin the start sequence?Do you, as part of your setup, fully advance and retard these levers through the cap release detent?This action has the effect of opening the LP Valves (Fuel system).If you have this control remoted on a joystick, then view the overhead when doing this check.The fuel system can bee seen entering startup status at this time.best wishesKev Townsend

Thanks KEV!- Condition levers are in TAXI mode.- But I am not shure I advanced (fully) the condition levers. I rather did it for Power levers.I'll try once more and let you know.Thank you for your help.Ibrahima

SOLVED: I uninstalled FSX Service Pack 2 then reinstalled. Engine start is normal and everyting is OK!

Guest G_KKES

Well done.Happy New Year