Sign in to follow this  
Guest scotlandglasgow

One Problem

Guest scotlandglasgow

I'm working on a Barra Scenery and have one problem.1.) When I apply the Textures to the Building in GMAX the Textures are way too small and need to be moved so that it maches the Building.

Hi,

When I apply the Textures to the Building in GMAX the Textures are way too small and need to be moved so that it maches the Building.
What do you mean with the textures being too small? After applying your material to the object, the next step is to map it. In this phase you determine which part of the texture is displayed on your polygons.Or do you mean that the texture does not have enough detail?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest scotlandglasgow
Hi,What do you mean with the textures being too small? After applying your material to the object, the next step is to map it. In this phase you determine which part of the texture is displayed on your polygons.Or do you mean that the texture does not have enough detail?
How do I map?

Hi,

How do I map?
There are the UVW Mapping and the Unwrap Mapping modifier in GMax that you can use for this.Did you try to follow some of the introduction tutorials on making objects in GMax? They should address these topics. The FS2004 gamepack comes with a tutorial on how to make a house and on this website you can also find good tutorials.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog