Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest scotlandglasgow

One Problem

I'm working on a Barra Scenery and have one problem.1.) When I apply the Textures to the Building in GMAX the Textures are way too small and need to be moved so that it maches the Building.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

When I apply the Textures to the Building in GMAX the Textures are way too small and need to be moved so that it maches the Building.
What do you mean with the textures being too small? After applying your material to the object, the next step is to map it. In this phase you determine which part of the texture is displayed on your polygons.Or do you mean that the texture does not have enough detail?

Hi,What do you mean with the textures being too small? After applying your material to the object, the next step is to map it. In this phase you determine which part of the texture is displayed on your polygons.Or do you mean that the texture does not have enough detail?
How do I map?

Hi,

How do I map?
There are the UVW Mapping and the Unwrap Mapping modifier in GMax that you can use for this.Did you try to follow some of the introduction tutorials on making objects in GMax? They should address these topics. The FS2004 gamepack comes with a tutorial on how to make a house and on this website you can also find good tutorials.