Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest profilepilot

Trouble loading flight plans

All of the sudden, I cannot load some flight plans into the FS9 flight planner. These are plans downloaded from SimRoutes.com. I have used all these plans before, so I know that they, at least once, worked. I can still create a plan, save it and load it later. And all of the previously created plans created with the FS9 flight planner work, but none of the downloaded plans work.I haven't changed anything in my setup. The only thing I can think of that may have changed since it worked last is a defrag of the HD. But everything else works so I don't think that could be it. I have looked at the plans in notepad and everything looks OK (I don't see any extra characters or symbols or anything). I just don't get it! Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

All of the sudden, I cannot load some flight plans into the FS9 flight planner. These are plans downloaded from SimRoutes.com. I have used all these plans before, so I know that they, at least once, worked. I can still create a plan, save it and load it later. And all of the previously created plans created with the FS9 flight planner work, but none of the downloaded plans work.I haven't changed anything in my setup. The only thing I can think of that may have changed since it worked last is a defrag of the HD. But everything else works so I don't think that could be it. I have looked at the plans in notepad and everything looks OK (I don't see any extra characters or symbols or anything). I just don't get it! Any ideas?
Make sure your downloading them specifically for FS9...SimRoutes defaults to 767PIC.Carl

Make sure your downloading them specifically for FS9...SimRoutes defaults to 767PIC.Carl
I thought of that too Carl, because I have done that before. I had downloaded a new plan and it didn't work. So I re-downloaded it, making sure it was for FS9. It still didn't work and that is when I started checking other flightplans and noticed that none of them worked. This has me perplexed. John

I thought of that too Carl, because I have done that before. I had downloaded a new plan and it didn't work. So I re-downloaded it, making sure it was for FS9. It still didn't work and that is when I started checking other flightplans and noticed that none of them worked. This has me perplexed. John
John,Is it just some of the flight plans or all of them that you download from SimRoute? If it's just some of them...then the routing is too new for FS9. A great workaround is go get the updated AIRAC for the default GPS/Flightplanner and I bet they'll work then. Let me know. Here is the link for the updated AIRAC data: http://www.btinternet.com/~gb.mitch/index.htmlHope this helps.Carl

John,Is it just some of the flight plans or all of them that you download from SimRoute? If it's just some of them...then the routing is too new for FS9. A great workaround is go get the updated AIRAC for the default GPS/Flightplanner and I bet they'll work then. Let me know. Here is the link for the updated AIRAC data: http://www.btinternet.com/~gb.mitch/index.htmlHope this helps.Carl
Thanks again Carl. I have found one that works. I don't know what the difference is.I will try the updated AIRAC and see if it works.John

Make sure after you saved your downloaded your FP(simroutes.com) you open it with a text editor, by default you can open it with notepad, then make sure the numbers corresponding to the waypoints in your FP are in order, starting with 0, 1, 2 ... so on , make the correction as necesary and save the FP, try to load it in FS, it suppose to work :( .