Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

propeller transparency

hi,I find that most FSX propellers are not transparent enough in comparaison with real world. I have modified some of their associated file with DXTbmp and MS paint as the alpha editor. Nevertheles I find it a tricky process because I have not yet found a way to modify the alpha channel of the propeller file with a single click over the entire texture. I have to modify the texture bit by bit with not so good results. Is there a way to modify the alpha channel of the whole texture?Thanks.

Guest anthony31fs

Yes. Don't use MS Paint. Any decent paint or photo editing program should allow you to adjust the brightness/contrast which is an easy way to make an alpha channel darker which will make it more transparent. The Gimp is a rather good freeware program which should do what you want. You can download it here : www.gimp.org