Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OldBadger

Adding Noise to VOXATC comms

I use FSX with two sound cards; one for the FSX general sounds and the other dedicated to ATC communications with VOXATC. This works superbly, you could say too well, as the communications are in effect a little too clear. So to my question.Is there a way of making the output from a sound card (the VOXATC one) sound more like real life comms?Thanks in advance for any suggestions (if any).OldBadger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use FSX with two sound cards; one for the FSX general sounds and the other dedicated to ATC communications with VOXATC. This works superbly, you could say too well, as the communications are in effect a little too clear. So to my question.Is there a way of making the output from a sound card (the VOXATC one) sound more like real life comms?Thanks in advance for any suggestions (if any).
Real life comms can sound rather good these days. I have an outstanding audio panel that uses an auto squelch system. It's great at eliminating hiss. In addition to that, my headphone mics have a leather sleeve over them with just a small hole directly over the mic portion, and a hole opposite to pickup background noise such as the engine, etc. The background noise is fed into noise reduction circuit of the headphones which cancles most of that too. At that point, I'm left with a low rumble of the engine, clear audio transmissions, and XM stereo radio when I use it. So............the output from your card may not be to un-lifelike afterall.. L.Adamson