Sign in to follow this  
Geddy_2112

A request, Sort of.

G'Day all. I'm really stumped at the moment. Trying my first repaint of the POSKY CRJ700 in the Red Air Canada Jazz colors.So far, so good, Except. For the life of me I can't find anything for the tail (The Red Maple Leaf) any other paints I''ve found are just horrible , Blurry and not done well.So, any help here would be great, If anyone has a referance, Ad, Letterhead, or something that is sharp and correctly colored. This would be great appreciated.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest lgvpilot1
G'Day all. I'm really stumped at the moment. Trying my first repaint of the POSKY CRJ700 in the Red Air Canada Jazz colors.So far, so good, Except. For the life of me I can't find anything for the tail (The Red Maple Leaf) any other paints I''ve found are just horrible , Blurry and not done well.So, any help here would be great, If anyone has a referance, Ad, Letterhead, or something that is sharp and correctly colored. This would be great appreciated.Cheers
Quite a common trick is to lift one of a photograph , and then call it photoreal :( The black background is only there so you can see it :( Not a perfect solution , but it works for most , especially if you find a good photo ( unlike the one above) :( Mark

Thanks Mark. Ya, been looking for a half decent pic as well. I even have the Skymarks CRJ200 model but no damn logo on the box.Might just take a trip out to the airport to find a logo or bug the girls at the desk.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Thanks Joe, Unfortunatley when I resize the leaf it becomes very blurry and compared to my front logo just doesn't look proper.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

As I stated in my edit, that logo will not owrk.

Thanks Joe, Unfortunatley when I resize the leaf it becomes very blurry and compared to my front logo just doesn't look proper.
Interesting, how do you re-size it?The advantage of *.eps files is that they are vector objects and can be re sized without loss of quality.The trick is to make the file as big, or bigger, than you need when you open it. When you open it, you should be presented with a dialog box with size options, in this case 193 pixels square.If you accept the defaults, then try to make the image bigger, then you will loose quality.If you change those values to say, 1000 pixels square, you will get a larger image without loss of quality.You can then copy all or part of that image to your working repaint image.Note: when I close an *.eps that I have re-sized I do not save changes, in case I need it again. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Alright, Thanks again Joe. Got it resized properly. But, It's not the proper leaf :( My search continues.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG