Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B42L8

Best sound card for FSX

Just wondering if a resnably priced sound card will help or hurt this W7 machine.............I am having a problem whereby I have no ATC voice and whenever the print responce appears, the sound level of the engines drops significanly, strange!! Appreciate the comments and what brand works best.....thanks, B42L8

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just wondering if a resnably priced sound card will help or hurt this W7 machine.............I am having a problem whereby I have no ATC voice and whenever the print responce appears, the sound level of the engines drops significanly, strange!! Appreciate the comments and what brand works best.....thanks, B42L8
i recommend creative labs soundblaster x-fi series. though it has not the best drivers and support it works flawlessly with all my OSes from xp32 over vista32/64 through win7 64. i use the pci express version, it's easier to setup drivers and software than PCI only series.sound is very good, no glitches, volume cuts, and it does surround (5.1 for me) sound in FSX. everything as it should be.